Non-contact Liquid-Level Volume Detection
The VolumeCheck 100 uses ultrasonic technology to measure the height of the sample meniscus without coming into contact with the sample. The volume of each well of a 96 well plate is returned in 1 minute. This easy to use system provides a robust alternative to manual or visual well plate inspection.
All designed, fabricated, and tested in our Concord, CA facility made from the highest quality materials.
- Outputs sample volume for each well
- Compatible with Water / Alcohol / DMSO and more based samples
- Simple reference curve creation utility included
- Fast scan speed
- Typical accuracy of +/- 10μL with a 1.4mL well
- Compatible with labware up to 52mm in height
- Small footprint: 11”W x 24.5”D x 11”H (28cm x 63cm x 28cm)
- Replaces visual or manual inspection of well plates
- Outputs sample volume for each well or tube
- Detects and reports empty wells
- Provides QC step for assay plate creation
- Verifies sample volume before and after liquid handling operations
- Compatible with wide variety of common ANSI/SLAS standard racks and plates
- No consumables needed — works with your racks and plates
- No rack adapters needed
- Low or high sample volume detection
- Liquid handling operations verification
- QC for assay plate development and DNA processing
- Sample library inventory management
Typically Installed In
- Compound Libraries / HTS groups
- Biobank or Biorepositories
- Core genomic facilities
- Reagent / Oligo Synthesis groups
- Molecular diagnostic testing laboratories
- Graphically displays well-by-well volumes in an on-screen color map
- Outputs volume data in customizable CSV file for Excel or LIMS
- Integrates with LIMS and other robotics using ActiveX Toolkit
- Windows based (10, 8, 7, Vista)
How It Works
The VolumeCheck uses ultrasonic technology to measure the distance between the sensor and the height of the meniscus. It then extrapolates the distance from a calibration table created by the user and outputs the volume. The technology allows for sample measurement of sample volume in a wide variety lab ware.
The VolumeCheck software calibration wizard assists the user in efficiently creating the calibration table, which is based on known volumes of a given sample. Many calibration tables can be stored, making it easy to switch between sample types and different types of labware.
The resolution and accuracy will depend on whether the samples were centrifuged, any dimensional variation in labware consumables, the accuracy of the calibration tables created by the user, and the sample volume in the plates. The VolumeCheck returns a higher resolution with low volume plates vs. higher volume plates (PCR plates vs. 2.2mL deep well plates).
The VolumeCheck exhibits good repeatability, which makes it an appropriate choice for many volume inspection tasks.