Automated Non-contact Liquid Volume Detection for 384 Format Well Plates
The VolumeCheck 384 uses ultrasonic technology to measure the height of the sample meniscus without coming into contact with the sample. The volume of each well of a 384 well plate is returned in 30 seconds in Fast Scan Mode and in 2-3 minutes in Standard Mode. This easy to use system provides a robust alternative to manual or visual well plate inspection.
All designed, fabricated, and tested in our Concord, CA facility made from the highest quality materials.
- Outputs sample volume for each well
- Scans Water / Alcohol / DMSO and more based samples
- Simple calibration procedure
- Scans a 384 well plate in 30 sec – 3 minutes (depending on labware and scan mode)
- Scans a 96 well plate in 1 minute
- PCR plates / assay plates
- Shallow / deep well plates
- 384, 96, 48, & 24 ANSI/SLAS standard well labware
- Vials or tubes up to 92mm in height
- Uncapped or unsealed labware
- Wide variety of common ANSI/SLAS standard racks and plates
- No consumables needed — works with your racks and plates
- No rack adapters needed
- Low or high sample volume detection in uncapped consumables
- Sample library inventory management
- Assay plate quality control
- QC/QA for assay development and DNA processing
- Detect sample volume for incoming plate samples
- Vlume verification for plates before and after liquid handling
The VolumeCheck is Utilized Worldwide by
- Genomic Biobanks
- Drug Discovery Laboratories
- Molecular Biology Laboratories
- Graphically displays well-by-well volumes in an on-screen color map
- Outputs volume data in customizable CSV file for Excel or LIMS
- Integrates with LIMS and other robotics using ActiveX Toolkit
- Windows based (10, 8, 7, Vista)
How It Works
The VolumeCheck uses ultrasonic technology to measure the distance between the sensor and the height of the meniscus. It then extrapolates the distance from a calibration table created by the user and outputs the volume. The technology allows for sample measurement of sample volume in a wide variety lab ware.
The VolumeCheck software calibration wizard assists the user in efficiently creating the calibration table, which is based on known volumes of a given sample. Many calibration tables can be stored, making it easy to switch between sample types and different types of labware.
The resolution and accuracy will depend on whether the samples were centrifuged, any dimensional variation in labware consumables, the accuracy of the calibration tables created by the user, and the sample volume in the plates. The VolumeCheck returns a higher resolution with low volume plates vs. higher volume plates (PCR plates vs. 2.2mL deep well plates).
The VolumeCheck exhibits good repeatability, which makes it an appropriate choice for many volume inspection tasks.