The XL100 and XL200 vial handlers provide lab automation platforms for COVID-19 related vaccine research, test development, and test kit production.
We are committed to supplying instruments to all laboratories addressing various aspects of the fight against COVID-19. While we have had to limit production in our SF Bay Area factory, we want to let you know that we do expect to continue to be able to ship most instruments. We have existing inventory that can be shipped right away, and are developing protocols to safely manufacture and assemble future instruments with a limited staff. We will do everything we can to ensure we do not limit the supply of critical equipment you need.
During this time of emergency, we are waiving all Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) fees for unique customizations you need.
The XL200 Automates Re-array, Sample Vial Weighing, Capping, Decapping, Vial Labeling, and Data Collection
XL200 (or XL100) Series Vial Handling Instruments are robotic pick and place vial handling systems used by drug discovery and biotech laboratories. Typical applications include sample receipt processing, vial weighing for compound dissolution, tube weighing for biotech agricultural groups, print and apply vial labeling for all types and sizes, walk-away vial capping and decapping systems, and liquid handling for the widest array of vial based sample processing with built in sample transfer verification.
Vial processing modes include work list, data collection, and tare/gross weighing. For example, the XL software processes vials and collects 1D barcode and weight information. The collected information is then provided in the form of a user defined output file (.csv or .txt).
All designed, fabricated, and tested in our Concord, CA facility made from the highest quality materials.
- 30 rack deck provides hours of “walk-away” time
- Same procedure for processing small and large sample sets
- Sample data output in CSV files for Excel or LIMS
- Re-arrays 450 vials per hour
- Weighs 180 vials per hour
Operation and Applications
BioMicroLab’s XL Series Work List Manager software controls several load & go sample processing routines:
- Data collection mode provides automated sample vial weight collection
- Worklist mode allows re-array sample tubes from source to target racks
- Re-array samples prior to liquid handling operations
- Sample receipt processing with barcode and volume data collection
- Liquid Handling dispenses with sample transfer verification
- Capping and decapping vials inline with liquid handling processes
- Tube and vial labeling system
Typically Installed In:
- Compound libraries / HTS groups
- Biobank / Biorepositories
- Core genomic facilities
- Combinatorial chemistry areas
Configuration and Options
The XL200 deck holds 30 ANSI/SLAS type tube racks and can be configured for custom applications and can be manufactured with the various modules to meet your group’s automation needs. These include a linear barcode reader to decode barcoded labels wrapped around a vial, a 2D barcode reader for data matrix barcodes on the bottom of vials, an automated balance for weighing applications, a decapper/recapper for screw cap vials, an automated capper for walk-away capping of screw cap vials, an electronic pipette for liquid handling operations, rack transfer station, and the new XL LabelPro for print and apply vial labeling.
XL100 / XL200 Configuration Overview
Each instrument is configured with the Modules and Add-On Features your laboratory needs. The main difference between the two instruments is the rack capacity.
Workflow based software provides operators flexibility to accomplish multiple sample management tasks at once!
Our Software guides the operator through the deck loading process so vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates are in the right place.
The operator specifies the sample processing routines and walks away.
Vial processing begins. Modes include work list, data collection, and tare/gross weighing.
Our Software outputs all data in user defined .csv or .txt format for integration with LIMS or other systems!
User-friendly Windows based software is included with all XL Series instruments to manage sample processing modes and robotic operations. BioMicroLab offers software developer toolkits for your instrument and workflow integration projects.
XL Work List Manager Software
Included with all XL Series instruments, the XL Work List Manager Software provides control of all vial pick and place operations. It provides multiple tube processing modes for common tube handling applications to meet your varied workflow needs and allows you the flexible control you need to increase your throughput. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements. Easily managed by multiple users, our full featured tube processing software provides unattended operation to meet your group’s throughput requirements. Advanced system error handling options provide unattended operation. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements. Learn more…
- User-friendly point-and-click Graphical User Interface
- Data collection and worklist based processing modes
- Guides the user through the tube rack loading and unloading process so vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates are in the right places
- Interactive interface provides feedback while processing tubes
- Dynamically processes work lists with more racks than the XL Series platform capacity
- Integrates with hand-held barcode scanners for rack identification
- LIMS integration ready output files in .csv file format
- Tracks and logs all system activity
- Provides robust error-handling options for unattended tube processing
- SDK & ActiveX toolkits available
|Operational Mode||Tubes / Hour|
|Re-array and 1D or 2D Decode||300|
|Re-array, 2D Decode and Weigh||~170|
|Re-array and Weigh||~170|
|XL200||52″ W x 32″ L x 35″ H||133 cm x 82 cm x 89 cm|
|XL200 with Labeling||52″ W x 39.5″ L x 35″ H||133 cm x 101 cm x 89 cm|
XL200: Starts at ~175 lbs (~79.4 kg) model specific
XL200 with Labeling: Starts at ~197 lbs (~89.4 kg)
Actual weight depends on the configuration options
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7; ~2GB RAM Recommended
Serial Ports: One
USB Ports: Two
Ask us about our laptops, preconfigured with BioMicroLab software!
Designed for CE Standard
-10°C to 40°C, 10-90% RH
Sample temperature may be ambient or frozen
Temperature Integrity Systems available to maintain steady sample temperature between -90°C to 250°C
Depending on your configuration, your Vial Handler can include the following features:
- Automates collection of tube 2D barcode, weight, and/or volume data
- Decodes 2D barcode with integrated camera mounted beneath the platform
- Decodes 1D barcodes with a linear barcode reader
- Weighs sample tubes with 0.01mg readability 5-place Balance or 0.1mg 4-place Balance (with Automated Balance option)
- Prints and applies labels (with labeling option)
- Liquid Handling module (Tecan Cavro ADP) automates liquid transfer with auto-load and auto-eject pipette tips
- Precise sample temperature requirements can be achieved with customized thermal blocks (Mécour Thermal Blocks and Solid State Cooling options)
- Capping and Decapping module removes caps and re-applies original cap. Compatible with 2-8mL glass screw cap vials, cryovials, and closures from BioMicroLab, Wheaton, KimbleChase, Qorpak, Sarstedt, Corning, Greiner, Nunc and many more.
- QInstrument BioShake® orbital shaker offers on-deck precision high-speed mixing for demanding robotic applications. Suitable for microplates, assay plates and tube racks.
- To increase throughput and integrate with other laboratory robotics, the Rack Transfer Station (up to two per instrument) enables off-deck access for well plates and tube racks.
- Enclosures available for operator safety!
- Compatible with wide range of ANSI/SLAS tube formats, cryovials, vacutainers and more
- Includes LIMS compatible BioMicroLab XL Series Work List Software
- Barcoded deck streamlines loading sample vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.