Automates tube re-arraying, sample weighing, volume tracking, & labeling for 96 tube rack samples.
XL20 is a simple-to-use automated pick and place tube handler for 96 tube rack samples. The XL20 automates sample tube sorting, 2D sample tracking, and sample weighing tasks. The XL20’s workflow oriented software controls the automatic transfer of sample tubes to 2D barcode reader, tube balance, and volume measurement options. The XL20 software logs all collected data (sample 2D code, sample weight, etc.) to output files. A proven sample management tool, the XL20 works well as primary automation platform for labs with growing sample libraries, and as complementary automation for larger core facilities.
All designed, fabricated, and tested in our Concord, CA facility made from the highest quality materials.
Since 2004, XL20 Tube Handlers have been automating workflows in laboratories around the world! It is an ideal benchtop robot for use alongside fully automated sample stores!
- 18 – 20 rack deck provides hours of “walk-away” time
- Modular by design–your instrument will include just the capabilities you require for your workflow
- Fully compatible with LIMS systems
- Easy-to-use Software
- Automates handling of 0.3 mL to 1.4 mL microtubes
- Compound sample library management
- Re-array and cherry pick samples prior to liquid handling
- Save freezer space by consolidating tube rack samples
- Print and apply human readable and barcode labels
- Track sample volume data across compound library
- Collect DMSO hydration with TubeDowser
Typically Installed In
- Compound Libraries / HTS groups
- Biobank / Biorepositories
- Core Genomic Facilities
- Molecular Diagnostic Testing Labs
Scan. Decode. Detect Volume. Re-array. Label.
Built with the features you need for your workflow, the XL20 can be used for a single operation, or to accomplish multiple tasks such as scanning, weighing and labeling!
While only requiring about 29″ x 21″ (72 x 53 cm) of bench top space, the XL20 is ideal for laboratories with limited space.
Proven Reliable and Flexible
For managing 2D barcoded 96 well tubes, there is no tube handler more reliable, flexible, or affordable than the XL20! Supported by an experienced team since its debut in 2004, the XL20 continues to be a workhorse in laboratories across the industry!
We Support You with Every Step
An in-house BioMicroLab technician will unpack and install the instrument in your lab and train your team to get you up and running. We also offer online training sessions at anytime.
XL9 / XL20 Configuration Overview
Each instrument is configured with the Modules and Add-On Features your laboratory needs. The main difference between the two instruments is the rack capacity.
User-friendly Windows based software is included with all XL Series instruments to manage sample processing modes and robotic operations. BioMicroLab offers software developer toolkits for your instrument and workflow integration projects.
XL Work List Manager Software
Included with all XL Series instruments, the XL Work List Manager Software provides control of all vial pick and place operations. It provides multiple tube processing modes for common tube handling applications to meet your varied workflow needs and allows you the flexible control you need to increase your throughput. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements. Easily managed by multiple users, our full featured tube processing software provides unattended operation to meet your group’s throughput requirements.
Advanced system error handling options provide unattended operation. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements.
- User-friendly point-and-click Graphical User Interface
- Data collection and worklist based processing modes
- Guides the user through the tube rack loading and unloading process
- Interactive interface provides feedback while processing tubes
- Dynamically processes work lists with more racks than the XL Series platform capacity
- Integrates with hand-held barcode scanners for rack identification
- LIMS integration ready output files in .csv file format
- Tracks and logs all system activity
- Provides robust error-handling options for unattended tube processing
- SDK & ActiveX toolkits available
|Operational Mode||Tubes / Hour|
|Re-array and 2D Decode||500|
|Re-array, 2D Decode and Weigh||~250|
|Re-array and Weigh||~300|
|Re-array, 2D Decode & LevelCheck||350-400|
|Re-array, 2D Decode & DMSO Check||350-400|
|Re-array and Label||180|
XL20: 28.5” W x 21” D x 16” H (72 x 53 x 40 cm)
XL20 with Labeling: 28.5” W x 31” D x 16” H (72 x 79 x 40 cm)
XL20 ~60 lbs (27.2 kg)
XL20 with Labeling: ~82.5 lbs (37.4 kg)
Actual weight depends on the configuration options
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7; ~2GB RAM Recommended
USB Ports: Two
Ask us about our laptops, preconfigured with BioMicroLab software!
100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz
XL20: 10°C to 40°C, 10-90% RH
XL20 for Cold Rooms: -4°C to 40°C, 10-90% RH
- Automates collection of tube 2D barcode, weight, volume, and DMSO hydration
- Decodes 2D barcode with integrated camera
- Weighs sample with 0.1mg 4-place balance (with Automated Balance option)
- Scans sample volume in capped tubes (with LevelCheck option)
- Scans sample DMSO hydration (with TubeDowser option)
- Print and apply labels (with labeling option)
- Enclosure available for operator safety!
- Small 18” x 21” footprint
- Compatible with 96-well ANSI/SLAS standard tube racks
- Includes LIMS compatible BioMicroLab XL Series Work List Software
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.