Increase your COVID-19 testing capacity by using the XL Series vial handlers for pooled sample processing!
The XL100 and XL200 are ideal for COVID testing. With on-deck liquid transfer using disposable Tecan tips, reagent and samples can be transferred from vials to PCR plates for accelerated test processing!
During this time of emergency, we offer contactless installation options and are waiving all Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) fees for unique customizations you need.
Automated re-array, sample vial weighing, liquid transfer, capping, decapping, vial labeling, and data collection for microtubes and larger vials!
The XL100 is a benchtop vial handler for drug discovery and biotech laboratories. Each instrument includes the modules you need for your workflow, and the XL100 integrates with your LIMS and other robotic instruments. The XL100 accomplishes data collection tasks, such as weight verification or sample tracking, alongside worklist type tasks, such as re-arraying, capping, liquid transfer and labeling! With a 20 rack capacity deck, the XL100 offers small and large laboratories the flexibility they need to accomplish challenging automation tasks today and into the future.
All designed, fabricated, and tested in our Concord, CA facility made from the highest quality materials.
- 20 rack positions provide hours of “walk-away” time
- Accomplish multiple sample management tasks with one instrument
- Utilize automation to prevent repetitive strain injuries from capping, labeling and other tasks
Typical Applications Include:
- Tube re-arraying prior to liquid handling operations or rack consolidation for freezer storage
- Sample receipt processing with barcode and volume data collection
- Volume verification after liquid transfer
- Capping and decapping vials along with liquid transfer operations
- Tube and vial labeling
Typically Installed In:
- Compound libraries / HTS groups
- Biobank / Biorepositories
- Core genomic facilities
- Combinatorial chemistry laboratires
One Instrument for All Tasks
20 Rack Capacity Deck
Supported by an Experienced Team
XL100 / XL200 Configuration Overview
Each instrument is configured with the Modules and Add-On Features your laboratory needs. The main difference between the two instruments is the rack capacity.
Workflow based software provides operators flexibility to accomplish multiple sample management tasks at once!
Our Software guides the operator through the deck loading process so vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates are in the right place.
The operator specifies the sample processing routines and walks away.
Vial processing begins. Modes include work list, data collection, and tare/gross weighing.
Our Software outputs all data in user defined .csv or .txt format for integration with LIMS or other systems!
User-friendly Windows based software is included with all XL Series instruments to manage sample processing modes and robotic operations. BioMicroLab offers software developer toolkits for your instrument and workflow integration projects.
XL Work List Manager Software
Included with all XL Series instruments, the XL Work List Manager Software provides control of all vial pick and place operations. It provides multiple tube processing modes for common tube handling applications to meet your varied workflow needs and allows you the flexible control you need to increase your throughput. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements. Easily managed by multiple users, our full featured tube processing software provides unattended operation to meet your group’s throughput requirements. Advanced system error handling options provide unattended operation. Output files can be configured to meet your LIMS system requirements. Learn more…
- User-friendly point-and-click Graphical User Interface
- Data collection and worklist based processing modes
- Guides the user through the tube rack loading and unloading process so vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates are in the right places
- Interactive interface provides feedback while processing tubes
- Dynamically processes work lists with more racks than the XL Series platform capacity
- Integrates with hand-held barcode scanners for rack identification
- LIMS integration ready output files in .csv file format
- Tracks and logs all system activity
- Provides robust error-handling options for unattended tube processing
- SDK & ActiveX toolkits available
The XL100 is compatible with commonly used microtubes, cryovials and vials up to 125 mm in height! Please inquire if you do not see your labware listed, as it still may be compatible!
- 96 , 48, 24, 12, 6 format ANSI/SLAS tube racks
- 0.2 mL to 15 mL+
- 2 mL cryovials
- 4 mL, 6 mL, 8 mL glass vials
- conical tubes (i.e. 15mL Falcon tubes)
… and others!
- Thermo Scientific
and more! Please inquire!
|Operational Mode||Tubes / Hour|
|Re-array and 1D or 2D Decode||300|
|Re-array, 2D Decode and Weigh||~170|
|Re-array and Weigh||~170|
|Decap / Recap||160|
|XL100||45″ W x 28″ L x 35″ H||115cm x 72cm x 89 cm|
|XL100 with Labeling||45″ W x 36.5″ L x 35″ H||115cm x 93cm x 89 cm|
|XL100 with Labeling and Cap Feeder for Glass Vials||52″ W x 36.5″ L x 35″ H||132cm x 93cm x 89 cm|
|XL100 with Cap Feeder for Sarstedt Tubes||70″ W x 28″ L x 35″ H||177cm x 72cm x 89 cm|
XL100: Starts at 100 lbs (45.5 kg)
XL100 with Labeling: Starts at 122.5 lbs (55.6 kg)
Actual weight depends on the configuration options
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7; ~2GB RAM Recommended
Serial Ports: One
USB Ports: Two
Ask us about our laptops, preconfigured with BioMicroLab software!
Designed for CE Standard
-10°C to 40°C, 10-90% RH
Sample temperature may be ambient or frozen
Temperature Integrity Systems available to maintain steady sample temperature between -90°C to 250°C
Depending on your configuration, your XL100 can include the following features:
- Automates collection of tube 2D barcode, weight, and/or volume data
- Decodes 2D barcode with integrated camera mounted beneath the platform
- Decodes 1D barcodes with a linear barcode reader
- Weighs sample tubes with 0.01mg readability 5-place Balance or 0.1mg 4-place Balance (with Automated Balance option)
- Prints and applies labels (with labeling option)
- Liquid Handling module (Tecan Cavro ADP) automates liquid transfer with auto-load and auto-eject pipette tips
- Precise sample temperature requirements can be achieved with customized thermal blocks (Mécour Thermal Blocks and Solid State Cooling options)
- Capping and Decapping module removes caps and re-applies original cap, or re-applies with a fresh cap (with integrated cap feeder). Compatible with 2-8mL glass screw cap vials, cryovials, and closures from BioMicroLab, Wheaton, KimbleChase, Qorpak, Sarstedt, Corning, Greiner, Nunc and many more.
- QInstrument BioShake® orbital shaker offers on-deck precision high-speed mixing for demanding robotic applications. Suitable for microplates, assay plates and tube racks.
- To increase throughput and integrate with other laboratory robotics, the Rack Transfer Station (up to two per instrument) enables off-deck access for well plates and tube racks.
- Enclosures available for operator safety!
- Compatible with wide range of ANSI/SLAS tube formats, cryovials, conical vials, vacutainers and more
- Includes LIMS compatible BioMicroLab XL Series Work List Software
- Barcoded deck streamlines loading sample vial racks, tip boxes and reservoir plates
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.