The SampleScan™ ES is optimized for use with frozen tubes and includes both passive and active features to reduce the condensation build-up associated with scanning large numbers of frozen racks. The scanner’s adjustable output file includes 2D tube barcodes, tube positions, and rack ID data for output to LIMS or other systems.
All our scanners come with a 5 year warranty
Ideal for Scanning Frozen Tubes
Active and passive technologies prevent condensation and fogging on the glass, enabling efficient and effective scanning of cold and frozen tubes!
Captures Rack ID
2D embedded barcodes on the base of racks are automatically captured, and with an optional 1D linear barcode reader that attaches to any side of the instrument, the 1D rack ID is scanned and decoded.
Scans Racks & Single Tubes
Scan a rack or simply hover a single tube over the scanner to decode a single tube directly to any open application!
Rack Orientation Guide
An indicator pointing to position A01 shows the operator exactly where to place the rack for successful data capture!
The E-Series decodes 2D barcodes on the base of cryotubes, cryo vials, glass vial, and others in a wide range of ANSI/SLAS standard labware and others. Please inquire if you do not see your labware listed, as it still may be compatible!
- 12, 24, 48, 96 and 384 ANSI/SLAS format tube racks
- Honeycomb style racks
- 4 mL glass vials with 2D barcodes
- Cryovials with 2D barcodes
- Custom racks
- Single tubes
- Thermo Scientific (Matrix, ABgene, Nunc)
BioMicroLab’s user-friendly SampleScan instruments scan, decode and output the unique ID number encoded in the two-dimensional barcode on the bottom of the sample tubes and the one-dimensional barcode on the side of the rack. BioMicroLab’s SampleScan Software captures the 2D barcode image, decodes the barcode(s), and outputs the data in a user configurable .csv (excel-like) file format for easy user with your sample database system.
This easy-to-use Windows based application provides point-and-click control of the scanner. It provides an on-screen display of the barcode image with colorful visual scan status for quick confirmation of the scanning process. Barcodes are also displayed on the screen so the user can quickly evaluate any non-decodable barcodes.
- Software is configurable for a variety of rack formats
- Automatically captures rack IDs (with 1D Auto Model)
- Data output files are user defined and customizable (.csv format)
- Rescan or manually edit barcode data
- Single tube scan displays 2D code on screen and pastes into any open application
- Network connectivity with TCP/IP
SampleScan™ ES Components
- Scans and decodes a rack in 96 well rack in 8 seconds; 384 well rack in 9 seconds
- Single tube scan feature sends decoded barcode to any application
- Compact footprint
- One-touch scan button to quickly initiate a scan without a mouse click
- Missing tube detection
- Condensation reduction system (CRS) and anti-fog treatment keep the scanning window clear for effective barcode capture.
- Scans 2D embedded barcode on the base of the rack
- Scans 1D linear barcode Rack ID (1D Auto Model)
- Compatible with ANSI/SLAS standard tube racks and more
- LIMS compatible (SampleScan software outputs .csv to send to LIMS)
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.
Part Number: BML-SS-ESCRS
E-Series (with 1D Auto)
Includes linear barcode reader to capture 1D Rack ID
Part Number: BML-SSES1D
E-Series: 12.25″ D x 7.6″ W x 2.75″ H (31 x 19 x 7 cm)
E-Series with 1D Auto: 12.25″ D x 9.75″ W x 4.75″ H (31 x 25 x 12 cm)
E-Series: 6.5 lbs (2.9 kg)
E-Series with 1D Auto: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7
USB Ports: Two (E-Series); Three (E-Series with 1D Auto)
100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 1.25A; Universal power supply (or supplies) with US, UK, Euro or user specified
42° – 95° F (5° – 35° C)
Other Models to Consider in the Product Line
With the fastest decoding time and compatibility with frozen labware, this is a favorite for labs decoding cryovials.
SampleScan HS Cryo
Decode 81/100 and legacy format cryo boxes quickly with this high-throughput reader!
The first SampleScan to hit the market is still decoding racks around the world!
This single tube reader quickly decodes 1D and 2D barcodes into any open application on a Mac or PC!