High speed barcode reader for microtubes
The SampleScan™ Mini decodes a 96 format tube rack in 4-5 seconds and is compatible with a range of 2D microtubes and 2D cryotubes! The scanner’s adjustable output file includes 2D tube barcodes, tube positions, and rack ID data for output to LIMS or other systems.
All our scanners come with a 5 year warranty
Easy to Use
Like the entire SampleScan line, the Mini is very easy to use, making it an industry favorite. With the button start option, integration friendly design, and TCP/IP network connectivity, the Mini makes scanning simple for operators.
Captures Rack ID
Scans Racks & Single Tubes
Rack Orientation Guide
The E-Series decodes 2D barcodes on the base of cryotubes, cryo vials, glass vial, and others in a wide range of ANSI/SLAS standard labware and others. Please inquire if you do not see your labware listed, as it still may be compatible!
- 12, 24, 48, 96 and 384 ANSI/SLAS format tube racks
- Honeycomb style racks
- Single tubes
- Brooks Automation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Matrix, ABgene, Nunc)
- and more!
BioMicroLab’s user-friendly SampleScan instruments scan, decode and output the unique ID number encoded in the two-dimensional barcode on the bottom of the sample tubes and the one-dimensional barcode on the side of the rack. BioMicroLab’s SampleScan Software captures the 2D barcode image, decodes the barcode(s), and outputs the data in a user configurable .csv (excel-like) file format for easy user with your sample database system.
This easy-to-use Windows based application provides point-and-click control of the scanner. It provides an on-screen display of the barcode image with colorful visual scan status for quick confirmation of the scanning process. Barcodes are also displayed on the screen so the user can quickly evaluate any non-decodable barcodes.
- Software is configurable for a variety of rack formats
- Automatically captures 2D embedded rack IDs on base of rack
- Automatically captures linear 1D rack IDs (with 1D Auto Model)
- Data output files are user defined and customizable (.csv format)
- Rescan or manually edit barcode data
- Single tube scan displays 2D code on screen and pastes into any open application
- Network connectivity with TCP/IP
SampleScan™ Mini Components
- Scans and decodes a rack in 4-5 seconds
- Single tube scan feature sends decoded barcode to any application
- Scanner-based decoding technology
- Missing tube detection
- Scans 2D embedded barcode on the base of the rack
- Scans 1D linear barcode Rack ID (1D Auto Model) from any side
- Compatible with ANSI/SLAS standard tube racks and more
- LIMS compatible (SampleScan software outputs .csv to send to LIMS)
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.
Part Number: BML-SSMINI
SampleScan Mini (with 1D Auto)
Includes linear barcode reader to capture 1D Rack ID
Part Number: BML-SSMINI-1D
Mini: 10.5″ D x 6.25″ W x 2.0″ H (27 x 16 x 5 cm)
Mini 1D Auto: 10.5″ D x 7.75″ W x 4.0 H (27 x 20 x 10 cm)
Mini: 3.75 lbs (1.7 kg)
Mini 1D Auto: 4.35 lbs (1.97 kg)
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7
USB Ports: One (Mini); Three (Mini with 1D Auto)
100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 1.2A; Universal power supply (or supplies) with US, UK, Euro or user specified
42° – 95° F (5° – 35° C)
Other Models to Consider in the Product Line
With the fastest decoding time and compatibility with frozen labware, this is a favorite for labs decoding cryovials.
SampleScan HS Cryo
Decode 81/100 and legacy format cryo boxes quickly with this high-throughput reader!
Widely compatible with most ANSI/SLAS labware, including frozen labware, this is a versatile favorite.
This single tube reader quickly decodes 1D and 2D barcodes into any open application on a Mac or PC!