This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) serves to describe how we, BioMicroLab, Inc. (“BioMicroLab”, “we”, “us”, “our”), collect, use and transfer information about you, through https://www.biomicrolab.com.
Name and Address
2500-A Dean Lesher Drive
Concord, CA 94520 USA
Tel: +1 925 689 1200
Collection of General Information
We analyze visitor traffic patterns on our website using information automatically provided by your browser when you visit our site. This information includes the IP address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last web page you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to:
- understand visitor/viewer interests and needs
- improve our website content, design and navigation pathways
- measure our equipment, internet software and broadband capacity and performance
- provide any necessary information to assist law enforcement authorities in the event of a cyber-attack. The anonymous data stored in the log files are stored separately from any personal data.
Collection of Specific and Personal Information
We will not collect or retain personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us through e-mail, registration forms and surveys while using our website or through other methods including phone, fax or in-person visits. Personal information is information that identifies or describes an individual including: name, email, organization, work address, shipping address, work/cellular telephone numbers, product(s) you are interested in. In these cases, you will know what data is collected because you will be actively submitting it for the purpose stated at the point of collection.
We do not accept credit card, or any form of payment through our website at this time.
We do retain certain information about your visit in our web logs. None of this information personally identifies you. Such information includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- the type of browser and operating system you used;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web pages you accessed at this site; and
- the web site you visited prior to coming to this web site.
- the Internet Protocol address (The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer);
- the internet service provider of the system accessing the website, and
- other similar data and information that serve to protect our information technology systems in the case of attacks.
We do not use persistent “cookies” to store information on your computer or in our systems. However, we may need to temporarily maintain information regarding your activities in certain areas of the website in order to provide services to you. We do this through maintaining session variables that, for example, temporarily preserve the value of information you have entered into a form or a page selection you have made. This information expires shortly after you exit. The relevant page or the website itself and is not retained in permanent memory on our computers nor yours.
Our website does not currently respond to ‘do not track’ signals in web browsers.
Our website is not structured to attract users under the age of 18.
The Google Analytics data traffic analysis service (with anonymization) is integrated into our website.
The operator of Google Analytics is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Google Analytics collects and analyzes data about user behavior on specific websites. Such data include visits to websites and their subpages, the length of time spent on the website, and the website from which the user accessed the website that uses Google Analytics.
The purpose of web analysis using Google Analytics is to optimize our website and to perform a cost/benefit analysis for online advertising.
Google Analytics is used on our website with the “anonymizelp” extension for anonymization. That anonymization function truncates the IP address of the user accessing the website once the user is recognized to be within the European Union or another signatory state to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the scope of Google Analytics is not merged with other data held by Google.
The data transmitted to Google are used on our behalf to analyze the use of our website, to compile website activity reports, and to perform further services related to website use and internet use. Any data transmitted by us that are linked with cookies, user identification (e.g. user ID), or advertising IDs are automatically erased after 14 months. The data are automatically erased once a month following expiry of their retention period.
- https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html (United States of America)
- https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html (Great Britain)
You may prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly; You can prevent data generated by the cookie referring to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected by Google and processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the following add-on:
Opt-out cookies will prevent your data from being collected when you visit this website in future. To prevent collection by Google Analytics on multiple devices, you need to opt out on all systems used.
Components of various social media, such as LinkedIn and YouTube, are integrated into our website.
If a user accesses one of our websites with such an integrated social media element, that component allows the display of components retrieved from the server of the operator of the social media components.
Furthermore, once the user visits our websites, a direct connection is created via the social media components between your browser and the server of the operator of the social media components. Each time our website or subpages of our website are accessed, the operator receives information about which specific websites and subpages are visited by the user with the corresponding IP address. Please note that we are not informed of the content of the transmitted data and the use of such data by the operator.
Once the user clicks on a link to one of the social media components, the subpage of the operator of the social media components opens in a new browser window and shows content of the controller. Please note that the websites linked to by the social media components are not operated by us, so this Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. Furthermore, for the aforementioned reason, we cannot assume any liability for the protection of personal data when accessing such websites.
For further information on the privacy policies of the integrated social media components, please see
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Sharing of Information
We will not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information to a third party except:
- with your consent;
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers to fulfill services or order requests, or otherwise to fulfill a contractual obligation to you including, but not limited to, providing customer service, sending marketing communications about our products, services, and offers, and performing technological maintenance
- as required by applicable law;
- if required by court order or subpoena;
- to public authorities to protect you, us, or third parties from harm; or
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BioMicroLab’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), BioMicroLab, Inc is the data controller of your personal information.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If you have any questions or want further information in relation to our legal basis for processing please contact us using the details at the end of this Statement.
Information Protection and Security
BioMicroLab ensures that commercially reasonable technical, organizational, physical, and administrative measures are in place to protect any information you provide to us from unauthorized access, loss or misuse. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Nevertheless, please recognize that despite the precautions that we take no computer system or transmission of information can ever be completely secure or error-free.
Please also note that our website may contain links to external, third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control or endorsed by us and we recommend that you review the privacy policies of such sites before using them.
Data Protection Rights
You may access, correct, or update your information by accessing your accounts or profiles on our Sites. You may at any time request access to a summary of information we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information you can do so at any time.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights or want further information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Statement.
If you are a resident of California you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access of your personal information you can do so at any time. Once we receive your request, we will disclose to you the information requested, including:
- The categories of personal information collected.
- The categories of sources of such information.
- The purposes for which we collected the personal information.
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose.
- Information about any sales of your personal information.
- If you wish to delete your personal information you can do so at any time.
- You can request portability of your personal information
- You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights, and we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or want further information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Statement.
BioMicroLab retains personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements) in line with our retention policy. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significant of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material changes to this Privacy Statement if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “updated” date displayed at the top of this Statement.
When you communicate with us over email, we process your data for communication purposes, and we store this data in our systems. If you are in the EEA, the controller of your personal data will be outlined in the signature of the email sender and the legal basis for processing your data will depend on the context of the communication. Your data is processed in order to communicate with you, provide you with information about our products and company or to process your inquiry and respond to your requests.
You have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising out of your situation. We will then no longer process your personal data, unless there are demonstrably compelling grounds for processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
Any email communication based on a contract will be deleted as it is no longer needed for the performance of the contract or as soon as the contract is terminated, and legal retention periods have expired.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com