High Speed Barcode Readers Optimized for Cool Rooms
The SampleScan™ HS is ideal for decoding ANSI/SLAS tube racks in ambient or cool room environments. Scanning a 96-format rack in just one second, and featuring technology to reduce condensation build-up.
All our scanners come with a 5 year warranty
High-Speed Camera-based Decoding
Utilizing camera-based technology to capture and decode the barcode, the SampleScan HS decodes a rack in less than one second, and a 384 rack in less than 3 seconds!
Designed for Cold Environments
We apply an anti-fog treatment to the scanner window and include an Active Condensation Reduction system inside the instrument to eliminate frost and fog for continual scanning of frozen labware.
Rack Orientation Guide
The HS and HS Cryo decode 2D barcodes on the base of cryotubes, cryo vials, glass vials, and more in a wide range of ANSI/SLAS standard labware and others. Please inquire if you do not see your labware listed, as it still may be compatible!
- 12, 24, 48, 96 and 384 ANSI/SLAS format tube racks
- Honeycomb style racks
- 2 mL cryovials
- 4 mL glass vials with 2D barcodes
- Cryovials with 2D barcodes
- Custom racks
- Brooks Automation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Matrix, ABgene, Nunc)
- and more!
BioMicroLab’s user-friendly SampleScan instruments scan, decode and output the unique ID number encoded in the two-dimensional barcode on the bottom of the sample tubes and the one-dimensional barcode on the side of the rack. BioMicroLab’s SampleScan Software captures the 2D barcode image, decodes the barcode(s), and outputs the data in a user configurable .csv (excel-like) file format for easy user with your sample database system.
This easy-to-use Windows based application provides point-and-click control of the scanner. It provides an on-screen display of the barcode image with colorful visual scan status for quick confirmation of the scanning process. Barcodes are also displayed on the screen so the user can quickly evaluate any non-decodable barcodes.
- Software is configurable for a variety of rack formats
- Automatically captures 2D embedded rack IDs on base of rack
- Automatically captures linear 1D rack IDs (with 1D Auto Model)
- Data output files are user defined and customizable (.csv format)
- User easily creates a tube rack profile based on workflow, making changing rack types easy
- Duplicate rack scan detection
- Cumulative log file
- Decoded barcode error handling
- SDK toolkit is included to enable transfer of output files directly to LIMS or to integrate with other laboratory robotics.
- Rescan or manually edit barcode data
- Network connectivity with TCP/IP
SampleScan™ HS Components
- Scans 96 well rack in less than 1 second, 384 well format in less than 3 seconds
- Anti-fog treatment
- Active Condensation Reduction System
- Leak proof design
- Rack orientation sensor
- Camera-based decoding technology
- Missing tube detection
- Scans 2D embedded barcode on the base of the rack
- Scans 1D linear barcode Rack ID (1D Auto Model) from any side
- Compatible with ANSI/SLAS standard tube racks and more
- SDK toolkit included to enable transfer of output files directly to LIMS or to integrate with laboratory robotics
- LIMS compatible (SampleScan software outputs .csv to send to LIMS)
Download a printable PDF with
detailed information about this product.
Part Number: BML-SSHS
SampleScan HS (with 1D Auto)
Includes linear barcode reader to capture 1D Rack ID
Part Number: BML-1-SSHS-1D
HS: 4.25″ D x 6.25″ W x 7.5″ H (11 x 16 x 19 cm)
HS with 1D Auto: 4.25″ D x 8.25″ W x 7.5″ H (11 x 21 x 19 cm)
HS: 6 lbs (2.72 kg)
HS with 1D Auto: 6.5 lbs (3 kg)
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7
USB Ports: One – HS, Two – HS (with 1D Auto)
4° F – 95° F (-20° – 35° C)
Other Models to Consider in the Product Line
SampleScan HS Cryo
Decode 81/100 and legacy format cryo boxes quickly with this high-throughput reader!
Widely compatible with most ANSI/SLAS labware, including frozen labware, this is a versatile favorite.
The first SampleScan to hit the market is still decoding racks around the world!
This single tube reader quickly decodes 1D and 2D barcodes into any open application on a Mac or PC!