Entry Level Barcode Reader
The SampleScan™ 96 is ideal for labs with a variety of different types of labware as it is compatible with a wide list of rack types! The scanner’s adjustable output file includes 2D tube barcodes, tube positions, and rack ID data for output to LIMS or other systems.
All our scanners come with a 5 year warranty
Best Entry-Level Scanner
This model is ideal for labs with low throughput or with smaller budgets as the SampleScan 96 it is compatible with a wide variety of labware at the lowest price.
Captures Rack ID
Scans Racks & Single Tubes
Rack Orientation Guide
The E-Series decodes 2D barcodes on the base of cryotubes, cryo vials, glass vial, and others in a wide range of ANSI/SLAS standard labware and others. Please inquire if you do not see your labware listed, as it still may be compatible!
- 12, 24, 48, 96 and 384 ANSI/SLAS format tube racks
- Honeycomb style racks
- 4 mL glass vials with 2D barcodes
- Cryovials with 2D barcodes
- Cryoboxes (81/100 format) – 96 Cryo Model only
- Custom racks
- Single tubes
- Argos Polarsafe
- Brooks Automation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Matrix, ABgene, Nunc)
- and more!
BioMicroLab’s user-friendly SampleScan instruments scan, decode and output the unique ID number encoded in the two-dimensional barcode on the bottom of the sample tubes and the one-dimensional barcode on the side of the rack. BioMicroLab’s SampleScan Software captures the 2D barcode image, decodes the barcode(s), and outputs the data in a user configurable .csv (excel-like) file format for easy user with your sample database system.
This easy-to-use Windows based application provides point-and-click control of the scanner. It provides an on-screen display of the barcode image with colorful visual scan status for quick confirmation of the scanning process. Barcodes are also displayed on the screen so the user can quickly evaluate any non-decodable barcodes.
- Software is configurable for a variety of rack formats
- Automatically captures 2D embedded rack IDs on base of rack
- Automatically captures linear 1D rack IDs (with 1D Auto Model)
- Data output files are user defined and customizable (.csv format)
- Rescan or manually edit barcode data
- Single tube scan displays 2D code on screen and pastes into any open application
- Network connectivity with TCP/IP
SampleScan™ 96 Components
- Scans and decodes a rack in 20 seconds
- Single tube scan feature sends decoded barcode to any application
- Scanner-based decoding technology
- Missing tube detection
- Scans 2D embedded barcode on the base of the rack
- Scans 1D linear barcode Rack ID (1D Auto Model) from any side
- Compatible with ANSI/SLAS standard tube racks and more
- Compatible with Cryoboxes (Cryo model)
- LIMS compatible (SampleScan software outputs .csv to send to LIMS)
Part Number: BML-1-SS96
SampleScan 96 (with 1D Auto)
Includes linear barcode reader to capture 1D Rack ID
Part Number: BML-1-SS96-1D
SampleScan 96 Cryo
Compatible with 81/100 format Cryoboxes
Part Number: BML-1CR-SS96
96: 16.9” D x 11.2” L x 1.6” H (43 x 29 x 4 cm)
96 with 1D Auto: 16.9” D x 14.2” L x 4.6” H (43 x 36 x 12 cm)
96 Cryo: 16.9” D x 11.2” L x 1.6” H (43 x 29 x 4 cm)
96: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
96 with 1D Auto: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
96 Cryo: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7
USB Ports: One (96, 96 Cryo); Two (96 with 1D Auto)
50° – 95° F (10° – 35° C)
Other Models to Consider in the Product Line
With the fastest decoding time and compatibility with frozen labware, this is a favorite for labs decoding cryovials.
SampleScan HS Cryo
Decode 81/100 format cryo boxes quickly with this high-throughput reader!
Widely compatible with most ANSI/SLAS labware, including frozen labware, this is a versatile favorite.
This single tube reader quickly decodes 1D and 2D barcodes into any open application on a Mac or PC!
The first SampleScan to hit the market is still decoding racks around the world!